The safety of the workplace and its environment is a high priority and should be the responsibility of every staff, student, and visitor in the University. The University requires that all staff, students and visitors accept this responsibility and that they will:
- Take reasonable care for the safety and health of themselves and of other persons at the workplace who may be affected by their acts or omissions of their acts.
- Report accidents, near misses, occupational poisonings, occupational diseases, hazardous conditions and safety concerns immediately to their supervisors, instructors, hosts, and/or emergency management personnel, as appropriate.
- Abide by safe practices and procedures established by the University.
- Cooperate fully with the Safety & Health Committee and the University’s Occupational Safety and Health Unit (referred to in the Bahasa Malaysia acronym as UKKP) in addressing safety and health issues.
- Adhere to all Malaysian laws and other subscribed standards concerning safety, health and environmental issues.