Application of UMREC-NM:
1) Staff of University of Malaya apply directly through UM Portal:
a. Log in to UM Portal
b. Click on the "Research" tab
c. Click on "Research Ethics Application (Non Medical)" tab
d. Click on "New Application" tab
2) Please make sure to upload the necessary attachments with your application:
a. Participants information sheet
b. Consent form
c. Questionnaire/ Interview guide
d. Brief research proposal to complement the application (Optional)
1) Student apply manually by submitting the forms directly to the UMREC-NM office.
2) The UMREC-NM forms can be downloaded directly from this website and submitted 2 sets
(1 set of original
documents and 1 set of photocopy
of the documents).
3) Please print/photocopy all the documents using 2 sides of the A4 papers (duplex printing).
4) Please make sure that your submission is complete following this checklist:
a. Application form
b. Participant information sheet
c. Consent form
d. Questionnaire/ interview guide
e. Brief research proposal
Important: Please make sure that your submission is complete prior to the checklist. The UMREC-NM will strictly reject and will not entertain any incomplete submissions.
Amendment for ethics application:
1) For amendment to research project, kindly use the "Amendment Form" (printed hardcopy) and submitted directly to the UMREC-NM office.
2) Please address/ rectify to all the comments inquired by the UMREC-NM panel. Failure to do so will make your application for amendment to be rejected.
3) Please print all the forms and necessary documents using 2 sides of the A4 papers (duplex printing).